Wednesday, June 28, 2023

TENPAM celebration 3

 The comics of 2006, PART ONE. 

I did a lot of one-off comics this year. You can see they are becoming a bit more understandable, though many still lack a real punch line. I really start to lean into that standard nine-panel grid.


Hey, this one's pretty good!


We were learning about idioms in school, which is where I learned "it's all Greek to me." The girl's assignment is about philosophy to tie into the Greek theme. I spelled everything wrong on purpose for the character. I knew nothing about philosophy. The joke is that she's having such a hard time because she didn't do any research.

I think, for some reason, either I or my sister wound up saying, "You can't break a ham!" and I worked up a comic because it sounded funny. I also like the line, "I ain't got no mutton."



I took the time to draw each mini panel in the center panel. The blue girl's hair I was definitely copying from something, but I can't remember what. Possibly Elastigirl. 3-12-06.

The joke is... um, that a force of nature can... write its name? By blowing a pencil around? 4-24-06.

I did not watch tv growing up. I didn't know how it worked. Apparently I thought they aired "time-fillers" which just... filled any random spaces they had between programs? 4-28-06.


No comments:

Post a Comment