Thursday, June 29, 2023

TENPAM celebration 4

The comics of 2006, PART TWO

Wordplay! This one probably worked better with just four panels because the plot sort of wanders. 6-14-06.

I think I was imagining a waterpark-style place, but specifically for cooling down (even if the girl is not impressed). I was channeling that feeling of walking into a grocery store with a/c. 8-28-06.

We had a flight attendant barbie outfit and I just loved the style. I drew a lot of characters in that blue aesthetic, including that particular pair of blue barbie shoes. They had a strap with a little bow printed on. 10-19-06.

We'd listen to the oldies station in the car, and I enjoyed the raindrops song. But for some reason, in my mind I attached it to Ned with the too short bed from Dr. Seuss. Anyway, I'm quite the inventor. Look at that thermos-shaped waterproof lanyard music player. Hmmm. These old comics are really revealing some of the strange things I assumed were real or normal as a kid. 11-1-06. 

Salt needs salt. It was a real thing my friend said. I always thought those green noodles in the third panel looked delicious. 11-8-06.

Do not hire me to make frosting. I still think Adora would be a nice name. 1-5-07.
 
I had just learned all the sentence types in school and felt compelled to comic it up! 8-22-09.

Those last two comics are from 2007 and 2009, respectively. I'm including them here because they're the only standalone comics I found from those years. But that's not to say I wasn't drawing comics... stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment